So you are worried about your friend who has just got into a relationship. But at the same time you are worried for your own self because you realize that even your life is going to change significantly due to the same reason. Good that the realization has dawned upon you because some changes are bound to happen; therefore, let’s find ways to adjust to those incoming changes.
1. Try to understand his or her situation and don’t victimize yourself.
2. Be there for them but at the same time be there for yourself.
3. Give it time. Things will gradually settle down to normal.
4. Accept the fact that they might not spend as much time with you as earlier.
5. Keep yourself busy in some fruitful activity.
6. Take up your hobbies and explore.
7. Go around town and spend some quality time with yourself.
8. Sometimes just let it go.
9. Maintain good communication with them even if they can’t hang out with you.
10. Train yourself for an independent life ahead.
11. Make new friends.
12. Travel to your favorite locales.
13. Try lots of food and indulge in a sinful dessert.
14. Use writing as a tool to give a vent to your feelings.
15. Don’t have any expectations which might hurt you later.
16. Know what they feel about their new relationship and about your friendship.