Virat Kohli is the latest heartthrob. His performance in the T20 World Cup made India proud. He is the talk of the town today. Girls are sending him marriage proposals and cricket fans are making him their idol. Yet there are certain things that people don’t know about him. Here are certain rare facts about this amazing man that people should know!
1. Karisma Kapoor was the first girl to whom Virat lost his heart. Yeah, she was his first crush!
2. Kohli’s nickname is ‘Cheeku’. This name was given to him by former Delhi coach Ajit Choudhry, when he first joined the Delhi Ranji team.
3. It is said that tattoos are Virat’s favorite. Among the four tattoos he has, he believes the golden dragon and the samurai warrior bring good luck.
4. Kohli was playing for his Ranji team against Karnataka in 2006 when his father passed away. The braveheart Virat still batted and scored 90 runs.
5. Virat Kohli is an unique record holder in ‘scoring the fastest century by an Indian batsman in an ODl match’. He scored a century in 52 balls against the Australian team.
6. Virat Kohli’s charming look and huge fan following has made him the top most choice for all brands. His brand value is second to only MS Dhoni.
7. Kohli is the first and the only Indian batsman who scored a hundred in a World Cup debut. He played as a World Cup opener against Bangladesh in 2011.
8. At the age of 23, Kohli was named as ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year in 2012.
9. In 2013, Virat Kohli got the Arjuna Award for his excellent performance.
10. Sports Pro has rated Virat the 13th most marketable athlete in the world – putting him alongside the likes of Neymar, Rory McIlroy and Usain Bolt.
11. After Sachin Tendulkar and Suresh Raina, he is the third Indian batsman to score two ODI hundreds before his 22nd birthday.
12. Virat Kohli loves home-cooked food. His favorite meal is mutton biryani and kheer. But now, Kohli is on a strict diet and focused on his health.
13. The ‘Well Dressed Personality’ list has Virat Kohli’s name. That list included the name of the US president Barrack Obama.
Source: Sportzwiki, Youth connect