Ho, ho, ho! Yes, the chilly wind and decorative surroundings are certainly capturing the Christmas spirit in the best possible way. Certainly, most of us are enjoying this holiday with a hot cup of chocolate and delicious foods! Aren’t you one too? Keeping that aside, we thought why not fill you up with some fun Christmas trivia. Yes, we are talking about the unusual Christmas facts that will make this holiday a little more enjoyable.
So, are you ready to dive in and know more unusual Christmas facts? Don’t forget to share this article and spread the Christmas spirit!
1. In Japan, KFC sells a special Christmas dinner that people have to book in 2 months advance
2. The tasty candy canes are shaped in J shape for Jesus and the red strips symbolize his blood!
3. Many believe that December 25 is not the birthday of Jesus Christ! In fact, it’s claimed that he was born during spring
4. Wondering why December 25 was chosen? It’s believed that the pagan festival of Saturnalia was celebrated on that day. It was all about partying, gifts, and gambling. Hence, the Christians chose it as a day of festivity
5. During a study conducted in 2010, it was seen that the week before Christmas often sees most breakups
6. The song “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” actually wasn’t sung in a happy context. Historians say that the servants sang this song until their masters presented them with booze
7. The warm and friendly image of Santa was actually created by Coca-Cola as a part of their campaign in 1931
8. Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer was also created during a Christmas promotional campaign
So, which of these unusual Christmas facts baffled you the most? Do you have any more to add to the list? Share with us in the comments below. Also, Merry Christmas!