Manushi Chhillar was crowned Miss World 2017. She is the talk of the town after she won the coveted title. From her childhood to making her country proud with her feat in the world beauty pageant, we trace the newly crowned Miss Manushi’s journey through pictures.
And here are some of the unseen family photos of the newly crowned Miss World. Take a look. All photos/Manushi Chhillar’s Instagram account.
1. Manushi was born in Rohtak town, Haryana, on May 14, 1997.
2. Manushi’s father, Dr. Mitra Basu Chhillar, is a scientist at the Defence Research and Development Organisation.
3. Her mother, Dr. Neelam Chhillar, is an associate professor and department head of neuro-chemistry at the Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences.
4. Manushi has a sister and a younger brother.
5. Manushi with her sister.
6. With her brother.
7. Manushi with her younger brother when they were kids.
8. With her mom.
9. Selfie with family.
10. Another big selfie with her family.
11. Whole family posing before the camera.
12. Manushi studied in St. Thomas School in New Delhi.
She scored 96 percent marks in her Class 12 exams.
13. She is a trained Kuchipudi dancer, and has trained under legendary dancers Raja and Radha Reddy and Kaushalya Reddy.
She has also attended the National School of Drama.
14. She is also a poet and painter, besides her keen interest in fashion and beauty.
15. In 2014, she got an opportunity to represent India at the cultural exchange program in Japan.
16. Manushi is pursuing her MBBS degree from a government medical college in Sonepat and aims to be a cardiac surgeon.
17. Manushi won the ‘Miss Campus Princess’ title in the medical college in December last year.
She went on to pick the ‘Miss Haryana’ title in April this year.
18. On June 25, 2017, Manushi took part in the Femina Miss India 2017 competition, representing the state of Haryana.
Chhillar was crowned Miss Photogenic, and she went on to win the competition as well, earning the right to represent India at the Miss World 2017 competition.
19. Manushi Chillar won the coveted Miss World 2017 pageant held in China.
Congratulations, Manushi Chhillar! Thank you for bringing the crown to India, again, after so many years.