1. The longest traffic jam in China was 10 days and 60 miles long.
In August 2010, drivers moving from Beijing to Mongolia were left stuck for almost 11 days.
2. China has beat the US economy only in purchasing power parity.
Which means more things can be bought in China for a certain amount than in US.
3. Nearly a third of San Francisco’s air pollution comes from China.
China gives air pollution to the world. India is somewhat safe because of the Himalayas, besides the fact that Chinese industries are concentrated on the country’s East coast.
4. There is a particular soup in China that is prepared entirely out of birds’ nests.
The dish is called Yàn Wō, translates literally as “swallow’s (or swift’s) nest”.
5. The rich in China can hire body doubles to serve their prison sentence.
“America has the rule of law, but China has the rule of people,” a Chinese police officer told ‘Slate’.
6. A website in China allows you to rent a girlfriend for as low as $31 for a week!
7. If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
India will soon take this place because China’s population growth rate is down to 0.5 per cent, less than half of India’s.
8. A man in China burned a hole through his stomach because of a spicy soup.
Doctors were amazed to find a hole in his stomach wall. The unnamed guy consumed the super-spicy mala soup.
9. China has more English speakers than the United States.
Obviously! Look at their numbers.
10. A teenager in China once sold his kidney to buy an iPad.
And that unveiled a dark side of China.
11. It was a Chinese who killed and ate the last Indochinese tiger in China.
The man was sentenced to 12 years in prison but claimed that he could not specify the animal and killed it for self-defence.
12. Seventy per cent of all Chinese students who enrol overseas never move back to China.
13. Because of acting in ‘Seven Years in Tibet’, Brad Pitt can never visit China.
That applies to actor David Thewlis and director of the movie Jean-Jacques Annaud.
14. By 2025, China will have 10 New York-sized cities.
Chinese population will grow steadily for the next few years.
15. All giant pandas you see outside of China are Chinese property.
Even newly-born cubs instantly belong to China.
16. China is building cities just to keep builders busy and generate growth.
The result is tall buildings with no soul inside.
17. A Chinese wife might find herself sued for being ugly!
A man in China sued his wife for being ugly. He discovered that his wife had a plastic surgery for $100,000 before their marriage from the looks of their children, who appeared to be ugly. He won the case.
18. In China, it is acceptable to walk into an IKEA store to relax and take a nap.
No Indian will be allowed to do so once IKEA comes to India.
19. Body fishers are unique to China because of the high suicide rate.
Body fishers are people hired to drag dead bodies out of rivers.
20. But Yangshuo in China is the true heaven on Earth.
Travel writers dub this the most beautiful place on our planet.