Did any of you know that yesterday, that is, January 6, 2019, was Dating Sunday? For all those who don’t even know what’s that is in the first place, let me explain what it stands for. Well, Dating Sunday is the first Sunday of the year. And as per Tinder bosses, it is one of the busiest days for online dating apps like Tinder etc. Yes, it’s true. Some say that it’s so because it is the first lonely holiday after the New Year.
People have all these fresh resolutions and also the clock is ticking to Valentine’s day. Hope you are getting the drift of the whole thing. So, the bosses of popular dating app Tinder have taken this opportunity to help the online daters out a little bit.
Yes, Tinder bosses have come up with a guide for all the online daters out there. The guide lists all the things that people should avoid when using online dating apps. And also, things that they most certainly should do. I’m sure this must have piqued the interest of many, right? Well, without further ado, let’s go about it then.
The things Tinder bosses think you should never do:
- Never leave your bio blank. If you think it creates mystery, well then you have it from the experts- it doesn’t.
- Another thing you should never do is put up profile pictures with sunglasses on. Who would have thought that this reduces the swipes by 12 percent!
Now for the things, you should do on online dating apps:
- Smile in your pictures, isn’t it obvious why. It increases the chances of a swipe by 14 percent.
- Log into your accounts on Sunday afternoons. That’s because Sundays are the busiest days for online dating, the highest percentage of people are online during this time frame.
- Wear bright clothes in your photos so that you stand out from the background.
- Use smart photos, it’s the best way to ensure your most popular photos are picked out first.
- Did you know that GIFs are 30 percent more likely to garner a response? Well, you know what to do.
- And the most important thing- be both respectful and your true self, because that’s what counts.
So guess you have that little extra edge when it comes to online dating now. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and give them a try.