Have you seen the trailer of ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’? No? Oh, then you should because it is THE trailer. Of course, our bhai Salman Khan plays Tiger in this upcoming action spy thriller. That is one draw to the movie but it is something more than just that. Otherwise why would the trailer of ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ shatter all the records ever created by a trailer?
The sequel to the 2012 ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, this Salman-Katrina starrer ups the ante taking the viewers from a rather romantic setting of the previous film to the high-octane battleground somewhere in Middle East. The antagonists this time is not the Pakistani spy agency but a terrorist group and its leader – based on the Islamic State and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
The film’s trailer was released on November 6. Within minutes it went viral, as is the case with trailers of films starring any of the Khans trinity.
But the trailer is so good that it has shattered at least 5 records.
1. It is now the most liked Indian film trailer having garnered over 7.5 lakh likes in 5 days of its release on YouTube.
This is the biggest one because it beats the Hindi version trailer of ‘Baahubali 2’ which has 5,41,000 likes as of now. When taken individually, Salman Khan’s upcoming film also beat the Telugu version of the magnum opus by a margin of about one lakh likes at the time of writing.
2. It set a record of getting over 50,000 comments in the first 24 hours of its release.
It now has over 92,000 comments.
3. ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ trailer got over 32 million views on YouTube from the day of its release to the time of writing.
4. Not only on YouTube, the trailer was retweeted over 6.5 lakh times – another record.
5. It also set a record on Facebook by becoming the first Hindi film trailer to get 2.5 lakh shares in 24 hours.
Directed by Kabir Khan the film carries forward the story of R&AW agent Tiger and ISI agent Zoya played by Salman and Katrina, respectively.
This sequel is inspired by the 2014 rescue of 46 Indian nurses held captive by the ISIS in Iraq. The film releases on December 22.