Cricket has a new ultra-modern name – IPL. IPL completed its tenth season a week back, and the nerve-racking final between Mumbai Indians and Rising Pune Supergiants glued everyone to their TV screens. The madness for IPL was unmatchable.
The reason why IPL sells is because it is a perfect blend of entertainment and cricket.
However, IPL is not just an entertaining hub, but it is also a money-making machine. Through IPL, hundreds of sponsor have invaded the game of cricket, and players are earning huge chunks of money.
We know that IPL 10 was bigger and better, and some of you will be surprised to know how much your favorite player earned for scoring each run.
1. Ab De Villiers, Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Total IPL salary – 9.5 crore.
2. Ben Stokes, Rising Pune Supergiant.
Total IPL salary – 14.5 crore.
3. Shikhar Dhawan, Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Total IPL salary: 14.5 crore.
4. Gautam Gambhir, Kolkata Knight Riders.
Total IPL Salary: 10 crore.
5. MS Dhoni, Rising Pune Supergiant
Total IPL salary: 12.5 crore.
6. Kieron Pollard, Mumbai Indians.
Total IPL salary: 9.7 crore.
7. Suresh Raina, Gujarat Lions.
Total IPL salary: 9.5 crore.
8. Rohit Sharma, Mumbai Indians.
Total IPL salary: 11.5 crore.
That’s humongous. Right? But did they all justify their salary?