Diwali is here, and I am thrilled. I mean apart from fulfilling my shopping quota, and bathing in luxury, I’ll get to eat delightful sweets too. That’s Diwali for me, no crackers! But, I know that for many, crackers are a must to celebrate this auspicious occasion. So, without getting all touchy, whether to burst crackers this Diwali or not; let’s recall those all season patakhas which our parents gracefully throw at us. And the best part is, these patakhas are not season specific; you can even get them daily. I am talking about things which Indian parents say which are not less than any Diwali patakhas.
Now, a characteristic of Indian parents is that they say a lot, like “a lot”! And some of their epic, hard-hitting dialogues are not less than any Diwali patakhas. How do I know? Obviously, I have been hearing some since the past few years and I know you’ll agree with me too!
Now take a look at the things which Indian parents say that are no less than Diwali firecrackers.
1. The ultimate bomb!
2. This one is universal, don’t you agree?
3. When you say that you are adamant on achieving something; but your parents know that that dedication is a one day affair!
4. When you finally buy something which you wanted to buy since eternity!
5. I hear this 24×7, what about you?
6. When you finally achieve something after a lot of hard work and start feeling like you are on top of the world!
7. When you spend too much!
These Diwali patakhas which every Indian parent pops seems familiar? Did we miss any burning dialogue? The comment section is waiting for you.