Sugar is meant to boost you metabolism and give you energy. Along with this, it gives you belly fat, too. Sugar can lead to many serious health problems including obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and headaches.
Since we all are busy the entire day with work, these simple steps can help reduce weight and enhance your lifestyle. As it is said, an excess of everything is dangerous, thus we don’t realize how much sugar we intake throughout the day and how it is effecting us. Here are 11 things that will happen when you quit sugar:
1. Your heart health will improve: The heart is a sensitive organ, so it should be given extra care. Cutting down on sugar will burden the heart less and will reduce the risk of heart-related diseases.
2. Your skin will look healthier and will glow: Have you noticed that you can’t seem to crack the case on why acne appears and disappears despite all the creams, lotions, and ointments you’re using? It may be that sugar is hurting your skin from the inside out.
3. Your sleep quality will start to improve: Over-consumption of sugar leads to insomnia which disturbs your sleep at night and keeps you under stress throughout the day. The human body is designed to burn fat during the sleep cycle because it burns slower and for a longer period of time.
4. It will slow down the ageing process: In a process known as glycation, excess sugar attaches to the collagen in our skin and other parts of the body which causes inflammation and puffiness to the skin. Your skin will remain wrinkle-free if you don’t eat sweet meals at night especially.
5. You will lose weight: Those extra pounds that you have been craving to lose will finally disappear if you put a stop on eating donuts and pastries. Basically, stay away from bakery and stop dreaming about chocolate fountains.
6. Your memory will improve: Over time, eating lots of sugar may actually damage communication among your braincells. Next time you are at a celebration, you’ll be sharper without the sugar.
7. You’ll sidestep diabetes: Eating added sugar builds up fatty deposits around the liver. These deposits contribute to insulin resistance and undermine the work done by the pancreas. So swap that sugary granola for a handful of nuts.
8. Your intestine and colon will perform more efficiently: When you remove sugar, you’re enabling your tummy and bowels to reset their ability to process what you’ve eaten.
9. Your immune system becomes stronger: Once you make up your mind to eat a sugar-free diet, it helps to improve your immune system significantly, since sugar causes white blood cells to stop doing their job of consuming bad bacteria.
10. Your oral health improves: When you consume sugar it sticks to your teeth and causes cavities. Even brushing teeth immediately after having sweets is not recommended since enamel is softer and more prone to being brushed away at that time.
11. Your joint pain decreases: Joint pain will decrease as your sugar level decreases. Rise in insulin can cause inflammation to worsen, which inadvertently leads to joint pain as well as other bodily pains.
Here’s a video on how to kick that sweet tooth: