Mumbai without its lifeline, the local train, will be dead. The Mumbai locals, also known as the lifeline of Mumbai is undoubtedly the most reliable public transport in India. With trains at every ten minutes, there is probably no other city that has such frequent trains. Even if you miss a train you are sure you are just ten minutes late. The Mumbai locals transport millions of people everyday making life a lot easier. So here’re 14 reasons why you have to love the Mumbai local.
1. It makes your life a lot simpler.
With such a wide railway network, these local take you to whichever corner of the city you want to go to.
2. You are never too late.
With frequent trains, as frequent as one in every 10 minutes, even if you are late, it’s just by ten minutes.
3. A new experience each day.
Since you have so many people travelling with you every day, there would be fights or something or the other happening throughout your journey.
4. Train friends!
If you are a regular Mumbai local traveller you are sure to make some train friends as you meet each other every day in the same train and eventually you have your own group in the train and journey is never tiring even after a long day at work.
5. You will never get lost.
If you are new to the city and Mumbai locals, there is nothing to worry even if you are lost. Your fellow passengers will go out of the way to guide you.
6. You can shop as well.
Travelling and shopping at the same time! You get vegetables, fruits, stationary, accessories, clothes and what not and at very affordable rates to top it all.
7. You observe new people which is equal to new stories every day.
8. When you stand at the door, you know wind going through you is the best thing ever. Although leaning is not good.
9. Travelling in train is the only alone time you get where you can involve in deep thinking.
10. It can also be the only music time you have which is quite refreshing in the day.
11. It is like a small break in the day where you don’t do anything except standing in the middle of a few strangers, a little squeezed and squashed.
12. Local trains are something which make us feel the fast and furious life of Bombay asap!
13. Early morning bhajans and the feel of the air. Mesmerizing totally!
14. If you are late for a class or office you can always blame the trains.