We have seen people devoting their lives to a single subject or field. But the late Shrikant Jichkar became a master of masters, he was named the most qualified man of India. He is one person who spent all his life gaining knowledge, degrees and posts.
1. Shrikant Jichkar was the first man with the highest number of degrees!
His degrees included IAS, IPS, Doctor, Lawyer, MBA, PhD. He was also the youngest MLA, besides being a painter, photographer and an actor. All this in one lifetime. Isn’t it mind-blowing?
2. The Most Qualified Indian
A boy from a Marathi family from Aajangaon near Nagpur, born on September 14, 1954, Jichkar got his name in the Limca Book Of Records as The Most Qualified Man in India.
3. Shrikant Jichkar was a scholar in every subject.
Whether it’s politics or science, this man was a scholar in every field he ever heard of.
4. He started with MBBS and never stopped.
He started with the medical field and attained an MBBS degree. After that he went for MS but soon dropped it for a degree in law.
5. Shrikant Jichkar’s other degrees:
After completing his LLB, he went for LLM and then got himself enrolled for Masters in Business Administration (DBM and MBA) and Journalism (B.Journ back then).
6. At the age of 24 he had 20 Masters degrees from 42 universities.
He took examinations continuously each summer and winter for 42 universities between 1973- 1990 and had over 20 post-graduate degrees.
7. He was a gem of India.
In 1978, at the age of 25, he sat for the IPS (Indian Police Service) examination and excelled in it. He later resigned from the post to prepare for the IAS (Indian Administrative Services) examination.
8. Master of everything!
He had a Masters degree in Economics, English Literature, Sanskrit, Indian History, Public Administration, Political Science, and Sociology.
9. He had a Doctorate in Sanskrit Literature as well.
His list of Masters degrees also include Philosophy, Culture & Archaeology, and Psychology. Apart from these, he also had a Doctorate in Sanskrit Literature.
10. Shrikant Jichkar stepped into Politics.
He left his reputed job after just 4 months to contest in his first general election.
11. He later became the youngest MLA.
He became the youngest politician who had 40 portfolios. He was elected as Maharashtra’s MLA.
12. His personal library was one of the biggest in India.
His personal library had 52,000 books that tells of his affection for them and dedication for studies.
13. Studying never kept him from creativity and hobbies.
Apart from academics, he was a well known painter, a theater artist and a professional photographer. He loved to speak and his favorite topics were health, religion, and economics.
14. From 1992-1998 he was a member of the Rajya Sabha.
The list of his accomplishments is unbeatable and long. It’s hard for anyone to beat his record and achievements in merit and in number of gold medals.
15. India lost its pride in an accident.
Jichkar died in an accident at the age of 51. On June 2, 2004, his car collided with a truck coming from the opposite diretion on NH 6, 40kms from Nagpur. Later the same day, he succumbed to his injuries.