Your mom is your greatest fan. You know that, don’t you? She sees the best in you; even if you have been driving her nuts since kindergarten. She is the one who has been doing the work of twenty; one person who loves you unconditionally. This post is dedicated to all the moms on our planet. Here we list out a handful of reasons (there are countless others) why you should be thanking your mom, every single day!
1. She brought you in this world
And it was not easy.
2. She taught you how to talk
She was your first teacher. You can be the smartest person on the planet or the richest, but remember that it’s all because of her.
3. She was there to catch you every time you were about to fall
Her magic kiss made all the pain go away.
4. Your mom took your side each time you got in trouble
5. She made you believe that nothing was impossible
Thank her for pushing you to be the very best.
6. It was she who first encouraged you to break all barriers
She is there to cheer you up even when if everyone else leaves you alone. Right from learning to talk-and-walk to memorizing school lessons to the day you become a parent yourself, and beyond that.
7. Your mom cooks the most delicious food ever
How often do you thank her for the lovely food she cooks?
8. Your mom worries more about ‘what you eat’ than about ‘what she eats’
It doesn’t matter if you are 6 months old or have just turned 40. Who else does that for you?
9. Whether she has a day job or not, she works in two shifts anyways
And she never complains. On the contrary, she seems to enjoy it most of the time, especially the part in which you are around.
10. No matter how hard her life was, she always created a small paradise for you to grow up in
Be grateful to this superwoman you have in your life.
11. She is the one who knows where your stuff is lying hidden in your own room
It doesn’t matter if you are a college student, an IAS officer, an entrepreneur or some sort of celebrity. From your USB cables and lipsticks to socks and everything else, she knows where your stuff is. You are her world.
12. Your mom manages to put up with your different phases
Right from the days you needed a diaper to the time you turn into an obnoxious and ungrateful teenager. And beyond that.
13. No matter what kind of abyss you find yourself in, you should know your mom will always be there for you
14. Ready to cheer when you win, and encourage when you lose
15. Your mom stood ground even when you pushed her away
She lingered around, ready to offer her shoulder for you to cry on.
16. Thank her for eating your head on how to create a Facebook account for herself, and with endless questions on how this new smartphone she just got actually works
She just wants to be close.
17. Thank your mom for all the sacrifices she has made for you
The scolding from dad for defending you, stinker from the boss for taking a day-off on your Graduation day and so on…
18. Forgive me for forgetting your birthday. How could I? You were heartbroken, but you never showed it
19. Thank you Mom for pushing me to finish my homework and study
If it hadn’t been for you, I would have failed long time back.
20. She loved the irresponsible-you even when you screamed at her shamelessly in those teenage years
21. The times when she made you eat extra, by saying- “Bas ek ye last bite”
22. She called a zillion times, if you got late in the evening
23. How she woke you up so lovingly in the morning, beats every alarm clock
24. Your mom tucked you in bed every time you sneezed
And she stayed up all night long on hundreds of occasions. Your mom is the personification of the Almighty in your life. Trust me on that.
Remember to thank your mom. Say, ‘I love you, Mommy.’
Do it often.