Swami Vivekananda, born as Narendranath Datta, was a Hindu spiritual leader and reformer who played a crucial role in introducing Indian philosophies of Vedanta to the Western world. He attempted to combine Indian spirituality with Western material progress. His preaching was always towards identifying and attaining one’s own higher self. Being the chief disciple of Indian mystic Ramakrishna, he always emphasized on considering humanity as the religion above all.
Born on January 12, 1863, he left this world on July 4 at just 39 years of age. He traveled extensively within and outside India to understand humanity in a better light. One of the notable events is his speech about India and Hinduism at The Parliament of the World’s Religions. On his death anniversary, here are some quotes by Swami Vivekananda that will motivate you to take an insightful look at your life.
1. God exists within us.
2. Always aim for the best.
3. Strength of body, mind, and soul.
4. Religion should unite not divide.
5. Success comes with continuous hard work.
6. The only way to grow is by removing toxicity from life.
7. Fear is just a state of mind.
8. Youths are building blocks of a society.
9. Education identifies unrecognized potential within us.
10. Concentration leads to development of abilities.
11. Do what you were created for.
12. Curiosity and passion are keys to success.
13. You are your best teacher.
14. Truth depends on perspective.
15. God resides within human beings.
India is a land where there is no dearth of spiritual leaders. No, we are not talking about the self-proclaimed gurus but the ones who truly understand the essence of humanity. Just like the Swami Vivekananda quotes, they have explained the complexities of the human society in a simpler way. If you are someone who loves exploring this journey called life and know more about it, then you will like these Sadhguru quotes too.
Which is your favorite quote by Swami Vivekananda?