You may really relish exquisite fruit smoothies and lavish cocktails, but when it comes quenching thirst on a sunny afternoon along with pleasing taste buds, nothing can beat sugarcane juice. Be it a glass of plain sugarcane juice or spiced with a pinch of salt and a dash of lime, or simply with crushed ginger, sugarcane juice can wow us always, especially on hot and humid afternoons.
Read on to get acquainted with the benefits of a tall glass of sugarcane juice. Cheers!
1. Yes, it’s sweet AND good for diabetic patients, too!
Bewildered? Due to the minimal presence of glycemic index, in spite having glucose in proper amount, there is almost no negative effect on a diabetic patent. It acts as a natural sweet drink for diabetic patients. However, if you are a Type 2 diabetic, you must consume the drink in moderated amount.
2. Need to boost your energy on a sultry afternoon? Here’s ganna juice for you!
Thanks to the presence of natural glucose along with electrolytes, sugarcane juice can be safely said to be the energy elixir for a dehydrated soul. It’s a great way to prevent heat strokes, too.
3. An added plus? It fights cancer, too!
According to a recent survey by the Journal of Photochemistry, it has been found that the flavones present in sugarcane have the potential to limit the production and spread of cancer cells. It is more effective to curb breast and prostate cancer. According to doctors and researchers, sugarcane juice is an alkaline forming drink due to the high levels of magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium and manganese; and, cancer can never persist in an alkaline environment.
4. It helps fight kidney stones, too!
Sugarcane juice has large amount of protein in it that helps maintaining the health of kidneys. Taking it in diluted form along with coconut water and lime juice helps to cool down the burning sensation that one experiences while suffering from kidney stones, prostatitis, urinary tract infections or sexually transmitted diseases.
5. Sugarcane juice acts as a natural immunity booster and keeps bilirubin in control.
Reason enough for the doctors to advise drinking sugarcane juice regularly to patients suffering from jaundice or other liver diseases.
6. Sugarcane juice is great for the health freaks.
Due to the presence of potassium, sugarcane juice doubles up as a great digestive aid. Hence, it increases the metabolic rate of the body and keeps the stomach infections along with constipation at bay.
7. Drink a glass of sugarcane juice daily, and save on your botox treatments!
For only a handful of anti-aging beauty treatments are as effective as a glass of sugarcane juice—and, it’s natural!
8. Your wish of having crystal white, shiny teeth shall be granted!
Being rich in minerals, sugarcane juice helps promote perfect white and healthy teeth sans any bad breath!
9. Simply drink a glass of sugarcane juice regularly, and watch your nails gain radiance like no parlor treatment can give you!
10. Is your child suffering from febrile disorder? Add a glass of sugarcane juice to your child’s diet, and spot the difference in no time!
11. Forget all the cosmetics and drink sugarcane juice regularly to get a skin more vibrant and youthful.
12. It combats cholesterol, too!
And, all it takes is maximum 15/20 rupees per glass—that’s it!
13. To all would-be moms out there, drink sugarcane juice daily to have a healthy you, and a healthier baby!
It prevents nausea, treats red urine and fever, removes sputum and keeps your body fresh and detoxified.