While most people attended this year’s Roskilde Festival in Denmark for the music and the vibe, photographer Johanna Siring had another thing in mind – taking photos of strangers before and after kissing them.
Johanna Siring is a Norwegian high-end photographer based in New York City. The drive behind her work is her constant fascination for new people, the fact that every person on this planet has a unique character and personality.
The photographer approached anybody, no matter the gender or race, to take the first portrait and then explained to them her idea before kissing them. She then turned the shots into a series called “Kiss A Stranger” through which she made a meaningful connection with strangers. Here are 10 such portraits of strangers which she has captured before and after kissing them. Take a look.
1. From a pensive look to breaking into a hilarious laugh.
2. “Dude, are you for real?!”
3. From little shyness to “Haha… you kissed me”.
5. From stylish pose to Yo!
6. He burst into laughter and unzipped his jacket after the kiss.
7. “This is something interesting” like.
8. Indeed a kiss and a smile can change your whole face.
9. “Never thought the request for a pose would end with a kiss.”
10. And he held out a beer after the kiss and smiled all over again.
Tell us in the comments how you would react if someone makes a similar offer to you.