Actor Salman Khan has turned 53 on December 27. The actor celebrated his birthday with family and friends at his farmhouse in Panvel. Just like every year, the superstar gave a grand bash for B-town celebs including Anil Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Sushmita Sen, Mouni Roy, Sohail Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez, Zaheer Iqbal, Sonakshi Sinha, Sunil Grover, Jacqueline Fernandes and Vatsal Sheth. On his 53rd birthday, the social media is abuzz with love-filled messages from fans all across the globe. Despite being embroiled in so many controversies, the Bollywood’s original Rs 100-crore star, enjoys a massive fan following, which remains unparalleled even years after he made his acting debut.
Known for his mass appeal, the Dabangg actor is also a money making machine. He still holds the charisma for bringing crowds to the theatres like no one in the industry and keep producers happy. For instance, his fee for ‘Bigg Boss’ – the reality TV show that he has been hosting since 2010, has gone up from Rs 2.5 crore per episode to Rs. 12-14 crore per episode over the years.
Now coming back to his birthday celebrations, Sushmita Sen, who has co-starred with Salman in films like Biwi No 1 and Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya, shared a heart-warming video of herself shaking a leg with Salman.
The actress wished Salman through an Instagram post:
View this post on Instagram
“Whenever life gives us a chance to sit it out or dance…WE DANCE” 👊🎵😄The journey from falling in love with #Prem on screen in Maine Pyar kiya #1989 to sharing the screen with him in Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya #2005 😄❤️💋what a destined journey indeed!!! 😇💃🏻Happy Birthday to a man who never stopped celebrating ‘Being Human’ 😊👏🥰 Have a blessed year @beingsalmankhan ❤️Know that I will ALWAYS love you!!! #friendforlife #happybirthday #duggadugga 🎉❤️💃🏻mmuuuaaah!!!
This year, Salman Khan failed to impress film critics through his movie Race 3. Apart from this, he also produced Loveyatri, a movie starring his brother-in-law Aayush Sharma, which tanked at the box office. He will now been seen in Bharat, directed by Ali Abbas Zafar and co-starring Katrina Kaif.
Here on his birthday we are giving some lesser known facts about Bollywood’s ‘Bhai.’
1. The actor likes old ways of life than fancy technology. He does not have an email id and prefers communicating face to face or over the phone. He also does not own any iPads or play stations.
2. His real name is Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan.
3. His father belongs to Alakozai Pathan tribe of Afghanistan, which came to India in mid 1800s. His family came to Indore and worked as (part of the) cavalry during British period. His mother Sushila Charak (now Salman Khan) is a part Maharashtrian and part Dogra Rajput.
4. Salman made his debut with Biwi Ho Toh Aisi, where he appeared in a supporting role, and not with Maine Pyar Kiya.
5. In not less than 15 films, Salman’s character is called Prem.
6. He has launched a bunch of actors including Aayush Sharma, Daisy Shah, Sonakshi Sinha, Sooraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty, Zareen Khan, Sneha Ullal and Bhoomika Chawla. He will soon be launching Nutan’s granddaughter Pranutan Bahl, Zaheer Iqbal and Mahesh Manjreker’s daughter Ashwami.