If you read a Mills & Boon in school, you probably covered it with brown paper before you started reading it. This act had two-fold intentions – one, your parents would think you’re studying when you weren’t, and two, the cover was usually kind of embarrassing – if someone caught you reading a book with such horny artwork on it, there goes their opinion of you.
Romance book covers are not only embarrassing, they’re also pretty weird. Like the ones below. They were so strange that we just had to rename the books to suit the artwork.
1. Why do people on romance book covers stand in the most awkward positions?
2. Where the hell are his clothes?!
3. Nice way to get out of climbing a tower.
4. He seems to be taking a peek down her dress.
5. Who needs push-up bras when you have a push-up hero?
6. Oh the endless wait…
7. I don’t know what’s weirder – the arms that turn into wings or his check pajamas.
8. Why can’t any of these guys find their clothes?!
9. Here’s another shirtless wonder.
10. From all I’ve heard, vampires can never decide if they’re horny or hungry.
11. I’m guessing the heatwave has made him faint on her breasts.
12. Why is she standing like that? Would she rather jump into the sea than be with him? Actulaly, if you look at his face, you’ll realize he’s trying to throw her in.
13. What the hell is this guy grabbing??
14. Doesn’t this guy look like Enrique Iglesias?
15. Notice how he avoids all contact with her, but grabs a bit of her dress.
16. All these shirtless guys make me think – romance novels really objectify men, don’t they?
17. The owl is like, “I’m outta here!”
18. Tied up? Check. Shirtless? Check. About to drown? Check. Perfect time to get horny.
19. Ah! Nothing like some woodsy lovin’.
20. All proper young ladies know that throwing themselves on half-naked men is the way to behave.