1. Reema’s real name was Gurinder Bhadbhade. She changed her name after marriage
She married Vivek Lagoo, and later the couple divorced after few years of marriage.
2. Her mother, Mandakini Bhadbhade, was a famous figure in Marathi theatre.
3. She started her acting career after high school. As a child artist, she acted in over 9 films.
Her acting abilities were noticed when she was a student at the Huzurpaga HHCP High School in Pune.
4. She made her Bollywood debut with ‘Kalyug’ in 1980.
5. She won her first Filmfare award for ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’ as a supporting address.
Reema was just 31, a mere eight years older than Salman Khan when she played the role of his mother in this cult movie.
6. With her popular mother roles, she was labeled as the new-age mother of Hindi cinema.
She had played the role a mother of actors like Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar, Kajol and Madhuri.
7. She was also a noted Marathi actress. She considered her role in the Marathi film ‘Janma’ “one of the best roles” of her career.
9. Her iconic TV shows ‘Tu Tu Main Main’ and ‘Shriman Shrimati’ made her a household name.
10. She has a daughter, Mrunmayee, who is a stage actress and a theater director.
10. Her role as Shanta in ‘Vaastav’ showed her brilliance as an actor and won her a Filmfare nomination.
The director of ‘Vaastav’, Mahesh Manjrekar, talks about her adorable nature.
“Reema was family. She was not actor Reema for me. I went to her house for dinners, meetings. I had a personal bond with her. She was a fantastic human being, always warm. She came from theatre, which has no place for hierarchy. She was a product of that space, so, she treated everyone same. She never had any airs about herself.”