Bollywood stars are worshiped here and given the stature of no less than gods. They are stars for us because they made us laugh, realize and cry and in whole, they entertained us immensely.
More so, once an actor gives a series of blockbusters, their name becomes a brand and a marketable option to sell a film. And soon, lauding their names becomes our way of life.
But, did we ever bothered to know the real names of the stars we are obsessed with? Perhaps, no. Right? Moreover, we are already so much dazzled by their screen presence. So, here are the real names of some of our biggest stars:
1. Amitabh Bachchan – Inquilaab.
His name was derived from the phrase ‘Inquilab Zindabad’ which means “Long live the revolution”.
2. Hrithik Roshan – Hrithik Nagrath.
3. John Abraham – Farhan Abraham.
Initially, he had a Persian name as ‘Farhan Abraham’ and later his father named him John Abraham.
4. Katrina Kaif – Katrina Turquotte.
Her real name is ‘Katrina Turquotte’ where Turquotte is her mother’s surname. As the name didn’t sound Indian, she changed it to Katrina Kaif.
5. Sunny Leone – Karenjit Kaur Vohra.
Thank God, she changed it. I mean ‘Karenjit’ doesn’t sound sunny at all.
6. Tiger Shroff – Jai Hemant Shroff.
Well, the kind of stunts he does, ‘Tiger’ best justifies him.
7. Rekha – Bhanurekha Ganesan.
A queen’s name should define her beauty.
8. Shashi Kapoor – Balbir Raj Prithviraj Kapoor.
9. Preity Zinta – Preetam Singh Zinta.
10. Govinda – Govind Arun Ahuja.
11. Jackie Shroff – Jaikishen Kakubhai Shroff.
Whatever we call him, he will always remain ‘Jackie Da’ in our hearts!
To be a star, sometimes, you should name yourself as a star!