Replete with a rich cultural heritage capturing a turbulent past, Indian History is indeed extremely fascinating and interesting. India’s long struggle for independence being one of the most important phases in the nations evolution, there were many famous personalities who have helped shape the political history that we have inherited and spend a considerable amount of time in studying and analysing the period.
Diving into its pages, we present here some extremely rare and interesting photographs of famous people, monuments, places or events that illustrates and bring alive a historical connects to our past.
So, do go through these photographs and let us know if you have seen them before –
1. Any guesses who this beautiful princess is? Well, she is Rani Laxmibai, the famous Jhansi ki Rani
2. A rare glimpse of the Rashtrapati Bhawan along with the Indian Parliament.
3. Famous personalities from two different field sharing a candid moment.
4. This is adorable, isn’t it?
5. A rare image of Swami Vivekananda along with other monks and dignitaries
6. A diptych of rare images of Chandrasekhar Azad
7. A photograph from a time when Indira Gandhi used to assist his father, Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru
8. A photograph that portrays the ruthless regime of British Empire in India
9. A rare image of great leader Subhas Chandra Bose
10. Can you make a guess who is he?
11. Former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi with her two sons
12. Mahatma Gandhi and Lord Mountbatten caught sharing a laugh
13. Two Nobel Laureates and great minds of their times
14. A rarest of rare image of Mahatma Gandhi and Netaji sharing a laugh. Also seen in the picture is Sardar Vallabhai Patel
15. Nathuram Godse seen holding a revolver in front of Mahatma Gandhi
16. Subhas Chandra Bose shaking hands with the infamous Nazi leader Adolf Hitler
17. The entire Gandhi family – well, somewhat!
18. A handwritten letter by Subhas Chandra Bose
19. The smiling Mahatma Gandhi
20. A rare image of Indian Independence Day