These pictures were taken between 1900-1908 and are extremely interesting because they present the history of India in a way never done before. The people and places in these photos prove that India has always been a glorious country, and that will make you feel proud!
1. Boys of a school in Amritsar sitting next to the holy tank in ‘Golden Temple’.
2. Hindu bride and groom in Mumbai.
3. Taj Mahal’s reflection in river Yamuna.
4. A bear performance in a busy Indian market.
5. The iconic Jama Masjid in Delhi.
6. Pillars of Meenakshi Temple in Madurai.
7. Sadhus on the banks of the River Ganga in Varanasi.
8. A funeral procession in Agra.
9. Greenery and beautiful countryside surrounding the Dilwara Temples of Mount Abu.
10. Another snap of Mt Abu having shepherds tending their flock.
11. Mahapalika Marg in Mumbai.
12. Colonnade at Dilwara Jain of Mount Abu.
13. Shimla’s Naldehra, a retreat of British Governor Generals.
14. Inflating bullock-skin boats to cross the River Sutlej.
15. Akbar’s Tomb in Sikandara, Agra.
16. Man diving from the top of a 50 ft tower into a tank below at Fatehpur Sikri.
17. State barge of the Maharaja of Kashmir.
18. A man and his ox-cart in Kolkata.
19. The cave temples of Elephanta off Mumbai coast.
20. Parsi headmaster and his students in Uran, Navi Mumbai.
21. Golden Temple in Amritsar.