Rally racing is a thrill not everyone has the balls to experience. It is an adventure only the most passionate are willing to undertake. While in an the F1 race, the driver is literally going around in circles, rally racing takes place in locales known for their spectacular natural sights. The routes here offer a new, unexplored turn for the drivers.
(The following pictures bear the name of the driver in captions.)
1. Rally racing means there will plumes of dust.
2. Dust dominates the background in the photographs.
3. Turns such as this are not unusual.
4. There are jumps.
5. And jumps over snowy terrains.
6. Accidents are not unusual in rally racing. Cars may end up in rivers, into trees, or at the bottom of a cliff.
7. But crowds gather in high numbers to watch the revving vehicles charting on unmetalled roads.
8. The wheels leave behind a smorgasbord of dust, pebbles, and tar.
9. Rally racing takes drivers and navigators on less explored areas of beautiful locales.
10. Drifting on grainy tracks is an art only a rally driver can master.
11. A rally car goes over pebbles, dust, water, concrete and everything else that makes up a route.
12. Cars are specially modified for rally racing.
13. Driving in the night adds to the thrill of rally racing.
And this video from World Rally Championships is for those who want to know more about driving like a maniac.
All pictures courtesy: Jaanus Ree/Red Bull Content Pool