Strict parents can create sneaky kids. And our country is not short on a population of young adults with a hard childhood, survived by outliving overly strict and meddling parents.
Your necks are constantly on the chopping block. You can’t disobey parents. And always obeying them deprives you of self-acknowledgment of who you really want to be.
So here’s for all the kids with strict parents, you’ll definitely relate with the points we have below:
1. You’re not allowed to do half the things your friends are allowed to do
You can’t ride bikes. You aren’t allowed to party after dark. You can’t go on outings even on a Sunday. You can’t date. You can’t get your hair colored
Basically, you really can’t do so many things, all others around you are doing.
2. You never bring your friends home when your parents are around!
The only thing they appear to be good at is how to embarrass you.
3. Every time you try to sneak out of the house, your mom catches you and curses the heavens for sending you down to earth
4. You’ve always got to wear funny clothes selected by your parents.
They think they know fashion better than you.
They will get the funniest clothes that hide every inch of skin on your body. They might even try dressing you like Salman khan from Dabang, showing their otherwise liberal concerns for you.
5. Score well in exams or your parents might declare the home as a cricket field, themselves as batsmen and you as the ball
6. McDonald’s and Pizza Hut? Do you know how bad they are
You’ll have to eat Daal Chawal and that’s final!
7. You will hardly get a chance to decide your own career
Sad, but you’re caged and the freedom is almost not anywhere in sight. Strict parents think they are the wisest and their opinions supreme.
8. You have a crush? Probably, there isn’t a single creative excuse that can convince your parents to let you go out with your crush
9. You can’t watch the TV serial your friends keep talking about because ‘You Are Not Allowed’
And when have the permission to watch TV, it is with parents.
10. Terror of Exam Results is nothing new to you.
You know the consequences of getting one grade less from what your parents had expected.
11. You can’t search for the love of your life.
It’s a thing all your friends have, but you will not have it unless mommy or daddy gets you one.
12. You’re almost always clueless about events happening around the town and the reason why the world thinks you’re so dumb
13. You threaten to run from the house every week
Or least you imagine yourself doing it.
14. Your friends always make fun of you for having the most freaking parents in the world
15. Everyone keeps telling your parents are strict because they love you so much.
16. When you see your friends with their cool parents, you pinch yourself to make sure it’s not a dream
17. Your parents often ring your friends to check up on you