1. India’s first President, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, on India’s first Republic Day celebration. January 26, 1950.
2. The first Republic Day parade, 1950
3. Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru with the Guest of Honor, Indonesian President Sukarno. Republic Day, 1950.
4. Dr. Rajendra Prasad with the Guest of Honor, King Tribhuvan of Nepal. Republic Day, 1951.
5. Aerial view of the Republic Day parade, 1951.
6. Dr. Rajendra Prasad driving towards the Saluting Base. Republic Day, 1952.
7. Pandit Nehru with the Guest of Honor, King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck of Bhutan. Republic Day, 1954.
8. Governor General Malik Ghulam Muhammad of Pakistan was the Guest of Honor in 1955 — the year that Rajpath became the permanent venue for the Republic Day parade.
9. Madhya Pradesh float, a replica of Mahatma Gandhi’s hut (Bapu Kuti) in Sevagram. Republic Day, 1956.
10. Dr. Rajendra Prasad with the Guest of Honor, Queen Elizabeth II. Republic Day, 1961.
11. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, along with President Rajendra Prasad, received by Prime Minister Nehru. Republic Day parade, 1961.
12. Parade float. Republic Day, 1969.
13. Guest of Honor, Prime Minister of Mauritius, Seewoosagur Ramgoolam. Republic Day, 1972.
14. India’s first woman IPS officer, Kiran Bedi, leads Delhi Police. Republic Day parade, 1975.
15. Guest of Honor, Kenneth Kaunda, President of Zambia. Republic Day, 1975.