From zero to hero, this journey wasn’t easy for Nana Patekar but he is definitely one of the best actors of Indian cinema. We know how he helped people affected by drought. For him, acting talent wasn’t any machine to earn money. He still lives a simple life and is totally devoted to helping people in need.
These facts about Nana Patekar will surely blow your mind and increase his respect in your eyes a hundred times!
1. 95% of his earnings from the last 30 years has been donated to charity.
2. With the help of his foundation, Nana Patekar has collected Rs. 22 crores for farmer welfare.
Together they are trying hard and working in favor of the farmers to fill the dried lakes to make drinking water available for them.
3. He has also adopted various villages and is working hard to make them model villages!
4. Sewing machines have been donated to the families of farmers by him.
His thoughts are huge and generous,
I’ll have to do it to keep the human inside me alive. I’m not doing it for them, but for all of us. So let’s do it all together.
5. Nana holds the rank of Captain in the Indian Army.
It has been said that Nana Patekar underwent three years’ training in Indian Army just to be perfect for the most iconic roles in the history of Indian Cinema that is of Major Pratap Chauhan in film ‘Prahaar: The Final Attack’.
6. Nana Patekar used to paint zebra crossings before entering Bollywood.
He did many odd jobs before becoming a star. This might be the reason why he feels the pain of the poor.
7. Almost 62 families of the farmers who committed suicide received Rs 15000 each from Nana Patekar.
When everyone was showing sympathy to the farmers who committed suicide, Nana Patekar was the first one to come forward and visited around 112 farmers’ families in Marathwada. He further plans to connect with 700 more in the areas of Nagpur, Latur, Hingoli, Parbani, Nanded, Aurangabad, etc.
8. Nana Patekar still lives in a 1 BHK flat with his mother.
When others from the same industry are running to get a lavish life, Patekar feels that this house is enough for his family. He believes in living a simple life.
A man with such big heart and amazing deeds surely deserves a salute! Our world will become a better place to live in if we have more people like Nana Patekar around.