ENGINEERS, unlike doctors, lawyers and other less fortunate professionals, can manage to survive (and thrive!) even if they can’t make head or tail of the most fundamental subjects.
Well, ask any jaali engineer who’s now a consultant, vice president or industry lead at some big confusing company.
You’ve just got to know how to make the darn thing (ANY thing) work!
Whether you’re in college right now or have graduated already, you’ll almost certainly relate with some if not all of these 17 signs.
Take a look!
1. You think that TECH Fests are held so that you can go on a vacation.
You probably came up with all sorts of ideas on how to make your college tech fest a super hit event.
And when the tech fest was being held, you decided to go on a short vacation.
2. Lecture hall, lab, workshop, canteen or café – you can take a nap anywhere, anytime.
Birds do it, bees do it (I guess) and even educated dogs and monkeys do it.
So let’s do it guys!
It’s mental floss.
3. You’ve been banished from the class.
Not once but many times.
And if the professor marks you ‘Present’ after throwing you out, it has made your day.
4. You are a “Nobody” for most professors and you want to keep it that way.
Why bother knowing the professor if the subject is of no interest to you, right?
Getting-to-know profs means to invite trouble.
5. You’ve begged for grace marks at least once.
You have prayed, begged and cheated, just to get those passing grades.
6. Research Papers?
7. Someone thinks you are a genius in college.
A spoiled genius.
8. The only time you’re wide awake is when a pretty senior is teaching.
M.Tech guys are rude and unintelligent. M.Tech girls are cute.
9. An engineering mind comes handy to find new ways to get stoned.
10. You love to sleep (when it’s about time others wake up)
That’s after lengthy Facebook chats, gaming sessions, movies, back-to-back TV series episodes and endless discussions on life, death and everything else none of has until now made sense of.
11. Engineering Drawing? You’ve mastered the ‘topo’ system.
Thank the anonymous inventor.
12. Your lab viva answers had the teacher foxed.
He wondered. And Wondered.
While you drifted out…
13. In 2nd year, you are weighed with clearing 1st year’s backlogs.
“I should have studied just a little. Next time, fod k rakh denge saare paper.
14. Your major project is a complete lift off.
Praise the Lord. The professor is yet to learn that there is something called ‘plagiarism checking software’ on the Internet.
15. You have got an A grade just once.
Or maybe twice. That’s when you realized what your favorite subject really was.
Yeahhh, this is going to get me a dream job!
16. By the time you are in final year, you finally understand that you wanted to be something else.
“Nalayak kahinka. Film ni chal rahi ye. Life hai. Real life”
17. You left college without getting an NFT (Not Fit for Technical Education).
Cheers! If I can become an engineer, anyone can.
College time is fun; it’s your one time chance to create lifelong friends and memories. Enjoy with friends, fall in love, be kind to others & beat someone up if you have to.
Just don’t do something that can’t be fixed!
When you graduate and start working at a company or launch something of your own, you’ll realize that the 4 years have changed you from a carefree young boy to a man.
Make these 4 years count.