The Greek God kind of body can now be achieved through the Paleo diet. The Paleo diet is nothing but adopting the way of eating which was prevalent in the days when we were cavemen. The diet borrows its name from an abbreviation of Palaeolithic, meaning older or ancient. It has also been nicknamed the caveman diet, primal diet and Stone Age diet. The diet is to be followed by one simple question: What would a caveman eat? Ask this question whenever you eat something. Now, let us clarify a few myths around this much talked about diet.
1. It is not a typical ‘Low Carb’ diet.
No, this isn’t true at all! In fact, sweet potatoes, winter squash and fruit are recommended under the paleo diet.
2. The high amount protein intake in the paleo diet will not harm your kidneys.
Paleo isn’t a high-protein diet. Consuming a range of proteins as a part of a balanced diet will keep you within a range of protein which is healthy. A well-planned Paleo diet never recommends eating tons of protein all day.
3. Eggs intake because of the paleo diet won’t raise the cholesterol levels.
Against popular belief, eggs can be eaten every day and in large quantities. This means a decreased risk of heart disease.
4. Paleo diet is not expensive to take up and follow.
Yes, organic food is costlier in comparison to junk food such as pizza, burger and sandwiches. The grocery bills will be a lot higher than it used to be. But compared to your doctor’s bill now and when you are older, that’s a very negligible price to pay.
5. Bread, pancakes, waffles and other favorite items will not be eliminated from the diet.
This isn’t true either. If the right kinds of ingredients are used, every time (including bread, pancakes and waffles) can be made Paleo friendly.
6. Preparing food based on the paleo diet chart will not mean spending hours in the kitchen.
Every new thing we learn takes time to be understood and implemented in the right way. So is the case with food items prepared following the paleo diet. Once you get the hang of it, your food will be ready in the same amount of time taken for preparing any food (or maybe even lesser).
7. Your body will not be kicked from intake of important nutrients because of the paleo diet.
Paleo is superior to any other nutritional program because of one important reason: its nutritional sufficiency. Paleo foods hold deep nutrition naturally and this is exactly what a human body craves and needs.
So go ahead. Start paleo diet.