We know cricket is one of the biggest and most popular sports being played around the world. It is the world’s second most popular spectator sport after football. It is played by almost every major country and thus has a huge fan following. Since international matches have been played in 1844 and Test cricket in 1877, the sport has been played widely across the world.
Like every other sport ever played, there have been some iconic and unforgettable moments in cricket as well that have been captured forever through photographs. In this post, we take a look at some of the best moments that the gentleman’s game has ever seen. Take a look.
1. The moment when India won its first World Cup in 1983.
2. Sachin Tendulkar after his historic 100th century.
3. Yuvraj Singh’s iconic six sixes in one over at the 2007 T20 World Cup.
4. MS Dhoni’s six in 2011 World Cup final.
5. When Sachin’s dream of winning a world cup came true.
6. Sachin Tendulkar walking out to bat for the final time at the Wankhede stadium, Mumbai.
7. Bermuda’s Dwayne Leverock’s spectacular diving catch at slip to dismiss Robin Utthapa.
8. Australia’s Steve Smith dedicating his century to late Phil Hughes who died after being hit by a ball.
9. Malcolm Marshall batted with Fractured hand.
10. Jonty Rhodes dives to run out Inzamam-Ul-Haq in the 1992 World Cup.
11. Dennis Lilee deploying nine slips against New Zealand in the 1976-77 series.
12. Allan Donald’s duck run out in the 1999 World Cup semi final.
South Africa needed just one run to win whereas a tie was sufficient for Australia to reach the finals. But Allan Donald ran late.
13. Pakistan’s Javed Miandad raising his bat at Dennis Lilee during an argument.
14. Sir Donald Bradman getting out for a duck in his final innings, failing to reach an average of 100.
Bradman needed just 4 runs in his last match to reach an average of 100 but got out for a duck and retired with an average of 99.94.
15. Freddie Flintoff showing the spirit of the game as he consoles Brett Lee after England won by two runs.
Feeling great and nostalgic at the same time, seeing all these iconic moments in cricket?