Sex is something every human being takes time to know or learn about. It is said that on average, it takes seven years to experience all major sexual milestones – from first learning about sex to actually having it. In fact, there are many myths surrounding sex, pregnancy, using contraceptives, giving birth, etc. To give us some reassurance that we aren’t alone in the tricky journey of learning about sex, Zava Med surveyed 1,000 people to find out the weird sex myths they believed before they started being sexually active. These myths include that bigger shoes and hands mean a bigger penis, that a guy pees inside a woman during sex, and that babies come out of the bum.
Below is a list of 25 most common sex myths most people believe. Take a look and see if you are one as well.
1. Sex is simply hugging and kissing.
2. First-time sex is very painful.
3. First-time sex will be amazing.
4. Masturbating too much will lead to blind!
5. You’re still a virgin if you have anal sex.
6. A guy pees inside a girl during sex.
7. Babies come out of the butt.
8. Bigger shoes/hands mean a bigger penis.
9. Eating a lot of pineapples makes vagina taste sweeter.
10. Condoms always reduce sensation during sex.
11. Wearing two condoms is safer than wearing one.
12. You can prevent getting pregnant by having sex in the pool.
13. A girl can pregnant from a toilet seat.
14. Girls can’t get pregnant in the summer.
15. Condoms protect from all STIs.
16. Failing to get an erection means you’re old or unfit.
17. You can’t get an STI from oral sex.
18. Only people who sleep around use the morning-after pill.
19. You’re less likely to catch an STI from someone you know.
20. It’s okay to wait until just before ejaculation to put a condom on.
21. The stork delivers you as a baby to your parents.
What else you believed before you started being sexually active?