Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in London on Thursday. He was welcomed at the airport by British Indian MP Priti Patel; Hugo Swire, Minister of State at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office; and James Bevan, British High Commissioner to India.
His much-awaited speech at the British Parliament was greeted by the warming echoes and his enthralling oratory skills received a loud applause from the dignitaries and members of House. With a friendly mission in his mind, he aimed at strengthening the Indo-UK economic ties.
And when Modiji speaks, it is impossible to ignore the sagacity in his words and so, here are the key points of his speech, that reflect the bond of unity between the two great nations.
1. He started his speech by expressing gratitude and immense joy for this honor.
2. He mentioned that there are people who have spoken forcefully on the debts and dues of history at this famous landmark. But he wanted everyone to forget all the tensions in their relationship.
3. Before the speech, Prime Minister Cameron and Narendra Modi paid homage to Mahatma Gandhi outside the Parliament.
4. He further answered why Indians invest in UK.
5. He signalled why India is a new bright spot of hope and opportunity for the world.
6. He believed that his actions prove that time has changed.
7. He also believed that both the nations must together help steer a steady course for this world in the direction that mirrors the ideals they share.
8. Modiji proposed to launch, during the COP 21 meeting, an International Solar Alliance to make solar energy an integral part of our lives.
9. He emphasized why oceans remain vital for our prosperity.
10. He concluded his speech by honoring Dr. BR Ambedkar, who was a national symbol of social justice.
Watch the full speech in the video below:
And, find the full text of his speech here.