It’s an absolutely proud moment for India as the Miss World crown is back in our nation after 17 years. Leaving beauties from all over the world behind, Haryana girl Manushi Chhillar has bagged the Miss World 2017 crown. Manushi has become the 6th Indian to bag this title. In the year 2000, ‘Quantico’ star, Priyanka Chopra gave our nation this moment of joy and now it’s Manushi.
The 20-year-old Manushi brought India’s pride back and earned the coveted title of Miss World 2017, at a star-studded event held in China.
— Manushi Chhillar (@ManushiChhillar) November 18, 2017
The beauty with brains proved herself in the last round by giving a heart-winning answer to the final question. When Manushi was asked which profession deserves the highest salary, she said:
“My mother has been my biggest inspiration, so I have to say, a mother’s job. It is not always about cash, but love and respect as well. A mother deserves that the most.”
Manushi’s answer was enough for the judges to decide whom they would like to crown as Miss World 2017. Well, the girl is just not an aspiring model or actor. There is much more about Manushi that you should know. Here are some interesting facts about the beauty:
1. She is a student of Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women in Sonepat, Haryana.
When you start feeling anxious, direct yourself to happy thoughts. Create a positive image in your mind to boost positivity and avoid bad feelings. Always believe that you can succeed. Give yourself the benefit of the doubt by believing that you will succeed in accomplishing your goals. Miss World #MissWorld2017 #MW2017 #MissWorld #ManushiChhillar #Manushi4MissWorld
2. Coming from a family of doctors, Manushi is an aspiring gynecologist, who is studying medicine and surgery. Her, father, Dr. Mitra Basu Chhillar is a scientist at DRDO, while her mother Dr. Neelam Chhillar is the head of the department of Neurochemistry at the Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences.
3. Manushi is just 20 years old and has become the 6th Indian woman to bag Miss World title.
4. Apart from spreading her grace on the ramp, Manushi is also a trained Kuchipudi dancer and has been trained under legendary dancers Raja and Radha Reddy. She is also an exceptionally great poet and a painter. #MultiTalented
5. The Miss World 2017 has represented her college and India in Japan’s Cultural Exchange Program in 2014.
INTERNATIONAL CIRCUS FESTIVAL in Chimelong! It was so much fun to be a part of the festival along with the talented and hard working circus crew and enthusiastic volunteers. #MissWorld2017 #MissWorld #MW2017 #MissWorldIndia #ManushiChhillar #India #China #InternationalCircusFestival #OfficialMobstar
6. Before being crowned as Miss World 2017, Manushi won the Femina Miss India 2017 title for which she had to sacrifice her studies for one year.
Vote for #India – Help me qualify for Miss World Head to Head Challenge 1. Log on to www.missworld.com 2. On the top right-hand corner click on the first icon and log in with your social media log in 3. Click on vote section or contestants section on the www.missworld.com homepage. 4. Search for India. 5. Click on my thumbnail and inside click on the vote for me button to cast your vote 6. Spread the word #MissWorld2017 #MissWorld #MW2017 #ManushiChhillar #India #China #Sanya #BeautyWithAPurpose Miss World
7. Manushi has also been a part of National School of Drama and is trying her hands at acting.
8. She is also interested in adventure sports like scuba diving, snorkeling, bungee jumping, and paragliding.
9. Manushi has always been good at her studies. The intelligent girl has scored 96% in CBSE boards and was an all India CBSE topper in English.
Talent finals yesterday! What a treat to watch all the stunning performances! It’s so inspiring how much talent @missworld has ❤️ Congratulations Miss World Malta on winning Talent Fast Track. You were amazing and I’m so happy for you. Go yellow team! @missworld #manushichhillar #missworld #officialmobstar #missworld #missworldindia #manushichhillar #MW2017 #RoadToMissWorld #BeautyWithAPurpose #India #China #Sanya
10. Fitness freak Manushi follows a strict diet and exercise routine. She has also done a few commercials in the past.
Diet Tips of The Day from @nmami.agarwal !! If fitness is your thing then… 1. Don't skip breakfast: Skipping breakfast increases hunger pangs by the end of the day. 2. Eat regular meals and use smaller plates: Eating regular meals helps to reduce the temptation to snack on food that is high in fat and sugar. 3. Avoid sugar, especially refined sugar. Wearing @adidaswomen Miss World #MissWorld #MissWorldIndia #MW2017 #ManushiChhillar #Manushi4MissWorld
11. Under her Beauty with a Purpose project, Manushi took the issue of menstrual hygiene and participated to spread awareness in 20 villages. Her initiative was called Project Shakti.
While many girls just dream of walking on the ramp and winning a beauty title, Manushi lived her dreams where her parents became her constant support. It’s a celebrating moment for Manushi’s family and India. A very hearty congratulation to Manushi Chhillar for her historic win.