When we go to bed breathing, it signifies a battle we have won. And every day we live is a part of life we have spent that would never come back. Our entire life is the average of how we have lived each day. It is, therefore, sad that when we are trying to survive every hour instead of living it, we are really wasting the only life we will ever have.
While our motto should be to live a better life each day, the miserable part is that having a better day doesn’t often really depend on our efforts alone. Here are, nevertheless, 21 ‘small things’ that can make your day instantly better.
1. Getting up at 7 am in the morning only to realize it is Sunday and there is no office.
2. Witnessing other people around you being polite and displaying manners.
3. Being hugged by someone who is very important to you and realizing they are real and with you.
4. Coming back after a tiring day at office and your dog, madly excited about seeing you, rushes at you.
5. A friend waving hands at you and saying ‘hi’ on the street, filling you with gladness that you really mean something to someone.
6. An absolute stranger smiling at you. Not the creepy smiles, but smiles that remind you that the world is not a terrible place.
7. Throwing away your socks and bra after a hectic day, spreading your legs and let the silence of your room remove the chaos of your mind.
8. When you wish someone and they respond to your greeting with equal enthusiasm along with a smile.
9. Getting a text from someone special you were expecting so much.
10. Fresh bed sheets and clothes that smells of cleanliness.
11. Getting up in hurry assuming you are late but realizing that you read the clock wrong and you can sleep a couple of hours more.
12. Having a deep meaningful conversation with a random stranger about a series of different unrelated topics.
13. When you meet your close friends after a long time and for a while you forget all your problems.
14. Receiving a compliment from a complete stranger and knowing that they complimented you because they really meant it.
15. Waking up to a cup of tea prepared for you.
16. Crawling inside the blanket when it is cold outside and sticking your cold hands and feet against the warm body of someone you love, knowing he/she would still love you in spite of the cruelty.
17. When the radio is on a spree playing your favourite songs while you travel.
18. When someone hands you food out of nowhere and when you were least expecting it.
19. Finding money in your pocket that you had no idea when you had kept. It’s almost like the feeling of getting free money in spite of the fact that it is your money.
20. When someone you are in love with sends a random text saying he/she misses you.
21. When he/she sings a song to you.