1. Prithviraj Kapoor, the paterfamilias of the Kapoor clan, founded Prithvi Theatres in 1942.
The maiden performance of this theatre was Abhijñānaśākuntalam, the epic Sanskrit play written by Kalidas.
2. Aag (1948) marked the directorial debut of Raj Kapoor.
He was then only 24 and became the youngest film director of his time.
3. Raj Kapoor practically married his aunt.
Krishna Kapoor, his wife, is the daughter of Prithviraj Kapoor’s maternal uncle.
4. It was Raj Kapoor who launched Dimple Kapadia in the film industry.
5. The child version of Raj Kapoor in Awara (1951) was played by his younger brother, Shashi Kapoor.
Shashi Kapoor did the same in Aag (1948).
6. Shashi Kapoor married a British actress, Jennifer Kendal.
Their children failed in Bollywood because of their Caucasian looks.
7. Shammi Kapoor played the lead actor in debut films of Sharmila Tagore, Asha Parekh and Saira Banu.
Kashmir Ki Kali (1964), Dil Deke Dekho (1959) and Junglee (1961), respectively.
8. Most of the dancing steps of Shammi Kapoor were ad-libbed.
He was called the Elvis Presley of India.
9. Rishi Kapoor is a recipient of the National Film Award for Best Child Artist.
For playing young Raju in Mera Naam Joker (1970).
10. Aditya Raj Kapoor, son of Shammi Kapoor, made his acting debut at the age of 53.
Chase (2010), a box office flop.
11. Randhir Kapoor’s nickname is Daboo.
12. Rajiv Kapoor, Raj Kapoor’s youngest son, failed to create mojo in Bollywood.
13. Ritu Nanda, Raj Kapoor’s daughter, is mother-in-law of Shweta Bachchan.
Big B’s daughter is married to Nikhil Nanda, managing director of Escorts Group.
14. Sanjana Kapoor, Shashi Kapoor’s daughter, runs a theatre company Junoon.
Her husband is Valmik Thapar, the notable Indian wildlife expert.
15. Karisma Kapoor is the first Bollywood star to endorse Coca-Cola in India.
It was year 1998.
16. Karisma Kapoor never went to school beyond sixth grade.
17. Kareena Kapoor has been named after Anna Karenina.
Her mother, Babita, was reading Tolstoy’s masterpiece while she was pregnant with her.
18. Kareena Kapoor has sung Jab Nahin Aye The Tum for Dev (2004).
19. Ranbir Kapoor still gets pocket money from his mom.
It’s Rs. 1500 every week.
20. During his childhood, Ranbir had an uncanny habit of talking to dead people.
Once he even summoned Hitler and talked about his vicious deeds.
21. Riddhima Kapoor, Ranbir’s elder sister, is a successful fashion designer.