‘Kama Sutra: A Tale Of Love’ is an Indian historical romance film made by Mira Nair back in 1996. The film gathered public attention for a number of reasons. The censor board of India had troubles with the sexually explicit content of the film.
Eventually, after huge controversies and legal battle, the film got released with three minutes of cuts in February 1997. Starring Indian actresses Sarita Chaudhary and Indira Varma in the main lead, the film also marked the English language debut of popular Bollywood actress Rekha who played a pivotal role in the film.
Now, it has turned out that the film has a unique record to its name. The trailer of ‘Kamasutra: A Tale Of Love’ has gathered 91 million on YouTube.
This figure makes the trailer, the 3rd most watched trailer of a film ever on YouTube. Surprisingly, it has beaten the trailer of some super popular films like ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ and ‘Jurassic World’ to grab the 3rd spot.
The only two film trailers ahead of the ”Kamasutra: A Tale Of Love’ trailer are ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ with 202 million views and ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ with 101 million views.
According to a report by Screencrush, the list of top 10 most watched movie trailers of all times on YouTube goes as follows:
1. ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ – 202 million views
2. ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ – 101 million
3. ‘Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love’ – 91 million views
4. ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ – 89 million views
5. ‘Jurassic World’ – 86 million views
6. ‘Suicide Squad’ – 85 million views
7. ‘Incredibles 2’ – 84 million views
8. ‘Avengers: Infinity War’, Trailer 2 – 83 million views
9. ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ – 83 million views
10. ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’, Teaser – 81 million views
It is interesting to note that ‘Kama Sutra: A Tale Of Love’ is the cheapest film in the above list. It was made in a budget of $3 million while the budget of ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ was 100 times of this, that is $300 million.
Moreover, ‘Kama Sutra: A Tale Of Love’ is the only film on the list that wasn’t a blockbuster, while all the others on the list are billion dollar franchises. However, it is not the only erotic film on the list.
If you haven’t watched the trailer yet, do it now!