Jayalalithaa’s death is one of the saddest things people experienced this year. People all over the nation are mourning her. Apart from her death, people are also talking about the assets she has left behind.
You will be shocked to know her net worth. Jayalalithaa, the Tamil Nadu CM, had declared assets worth 113.73 crores in her affidavit. After categorizing, her movable assets are Rs 41.63 crores and immovable properties are worth Rs 72.09 crores.
1. The total bank balance as declared by Jayalalithaa earlier is Rs 10.63 crore and liabilities amounted to 2.04 crores. She had mentioned agriculture in the occupation/profession column.
2. She purchased Veda Nilayam (her residence) with her mother in the year 1967 for Rs 1.32 lakhs. The bungalow is spread over 24,000 square feet and its current value is Rs 43.96 crores.
Apart from this, Amma also owns two farmlands, one (14.50 acres) in Telangana’s Ranga Reddy district and one in Kancheepuram’s Cheyyur village (3.43 acres). Four commercial buildings, one in Hyderabad and the rest in Chennai are also under her name.
3. Jayalalithaa also had 21,280.300 grams of gold, value of which cannot be ascertained as it is with Karnataka government treasury as there is a disproportionate assets case on her and the decision is still pending in the Supreme Court.
She also had 1,250 kg of silver and its value was around Rs 3,12,50,000.
4. Amma was a car lover. She had 2 Toyota Prado SUVs, a Contessa, a Swaraj Mazada Maxi, a Mahindra Bolero, an Ambassador car, a Mahindra Jeep and a Tempo Trax.
5. Police had also seized her shares and deposits because of the case. Green T Estate, Royal Valley Floritech Exports, Kodanad Estate, Sasi Enterprises and Shri Jaya Publications (as a partner) are some firms she had invested in. The total amount invested was 27.44 crores.
The Supreme Court’s decision on the disproportionate assets case is still pending and if the court favors the prosecution in terms of the judgment, all the property will be taken by the government.