PLEASE DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU ARE A VEGAN, ANIMAL-RIGHTS ACTIVIST, DOG LOVER OR SOMEONE WITH A WEAK HEART
Different cultures have different tastes. It is therefore no surprise if Indians love masalas and Chinese love dogs. Well, is that a good comparison? Of course! I mean Chinese love to eat their dogs! These pictures may look offensive, even repulsive, to some but to Chinese these are pictures of a mouth-watering delicacy – dog meat. We warn you of disturbing images ahead.
1. Chinese vendors transporting dogs at a free market in Yulin, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
2. To the slaughterhouse
3. A scene from the abattoir
4. A gory picture
5. Animal protection activist, Pian Shan Kong, kneels before dead dogs to show apology in his stop eat dog meat campaign
6. Awaiting death’s turn
7. Vendors selling dog meat
8. More of the delicacy
9. Gruesome sight?
10. A pet dog in a basket and cousins as meat
11. Cooking the meat
12. Diners enjoying dog meat
13. Eating lip-smacking meat at a restaurant
Credit: Imaginehina and Huffington Post