The Indian Navy, on behalf of the President of India, hosts and conducts an International Military Exercise, known as International Fleet Review. The last International Fleet Review was conducted in January 2001 in Mumbai. After 15 long years, the International Fleet Review is happening in Visakhapatnam. This review started on 4th February and will end by 8th February, 2016. To enhance mutual trust and confidence with neighboring navies, they invite their ships to participate in the event. The Indian Navy is to display its maritime capabilities.
1. PM Modi being received by the Defence Minister and the Navy Chief on his arrival at the International Fleet Review, 2016.
2. PM Modi receives the President aboard presidential ship, INS Sumitra.
3. PM Modi aboard INS Sumitra as President reviews the fleet.
4. Guard of honor.
5. Countries will be giving operational demonstration in the fleet review.
6. India’s naval prowess.
7. 50 friendly navies have sailed across the oceans to participate in the International Fleet Review.
8. Akshay Kumar and Kangana Ranaut spotted together in Visakhapatnam for the International Fleet Review.
9. Viking aircraft performing aerial acrobatics.
10. Woman performing stunt on Catwalk Aircraft.
11. Indian navy destroyer INS Ranvir.
12. Indian Navy displaying its maritime capabilities.
13. The sea on fire at the International Fleet Review, all set for action.
14. A MiG 29K lights up the Vizag sky with flares.
15. Indian Navy Marine Commandos in an assault drill at Visakhapatnam.
16. Indian flag flares with pride during the review.
17. Superb shot of aerobatic display team, Vikings.
18. Amazing fireworks during the opening of the International Fleet Review.
19. Illuminated ships anchored offshore at Visakhapatnam.
Some of the best shots from the International Fleet Review.
— Livefist (@livefist) February 6, 2016