Alright, it’s that time of the year again when marriages are lined up for you to attend and all you have to do is just visit the wedding looking your best and greet your relatives whom you have never met before with a smile. Here are some of the reasons why we hate the Indian wedding season:
1. You have to keep smiling and be prepared for hoards of silly questions from distant relatives about your life .
2. You have to travel that distance to attend the wedding of that distant relative you have never met earlier because after all it’s ‘The Wedding’.
3. You have to respond to the silly question: “When you’re getting married?” umpteen number of times.
4. Whenever you mean to watch TV, the loud music and firecrackers don’t let you hear a single dialogue. During the wedding season, this happens repeatedly.
5. If you have an important meeting to attend or a date waiting for you, baraats will be there to spoil your day.
6. It’s the wedding season and you will have to dig into your pockets to buy some outfits for the numerous occasions.
7. You have to pose with people in groups or individually who you probably have never even met in your life.
8. Since you end up attending quite a few weddings, you might spend hefty cash buying lots of gifts.