1. Prabhakar’s first love was cricket, and the idea to become an actor came very later in his life.
He quoted to Deccan Chronicle, ” “I am mad about cricket and since childhood, I would play a lot of cricket,”
2. After completing his intermediate, he came to Hyderabad to attend a marriage. At that time, seeing his bulky body, his relatives promised to get him a job in the railway police.
He tried to secure a job but failed. He says, “I waited for six years but nothing happened,”
3. While he was struggling to get a job, Prabhakar heard that S.S Rajamouli was looking for people for ‘Magadheera’, and he went to meet him to try his luck.
He recalled his first meeting with Rajamouli sir,“One of my friends took me where the selection was going on. Rajamouli sir saw me but did not say anything,”
Later, Rajamouli took him to Rajasthan, where ‘Magadheera’ was being shot, and observed Prabhakar for some time.
4. When Prabakhar returned from Rajasthan, he was still not sure that he will to get act with Rajamouli.
“After I came back to Hyderabad, I started looking for jobs again and I never thought that I would get a chance to act with Rajamouli sir,” says Prabhakar.
Then, one day, one of Rajamouli’s assistants called Prabhakar and took him to Rajamouli’s house, where he was told that he is selected for a role in ‘Maryada Ramanna’.
5. After his selection, Prabhakar confessed to Rajamouli that he did not know acting. Hearing this, the director sent him to Devdas Kanakala to learn acting. He even gave him a stipend of Rs 10,000 each month.
6. His first film ‘MaryadaRamanna‘ introduced him to the Telugu industry, and his debut performance was appreciated, too.
7. But he gained huge recognition after playing the role of Kalakeya in the epic drama, ‘Baahubali’.
8. For the role of Kalakeya, Prabhakar worked extremely hard, and the toughest part for him to learn to ‘Kilikili’ language. His wife helped him during this process.
“My wife used to wake me up at 3 am every day to help me practice the language. It was a challenging experience.”
9. After ‘Baahubali’ success, offers started pouring in for him. His latest movie ‘Sarrainodu’ is one of the highest-grossing Telugu films.
Prabhakar is currently shooting for ‘Right Right’, directed by Manu.
10. Prabhakar is so deeply grateful to Rajamouli for changing his life that he had named his son after him.
“Rajamouli sir gave me a new life and today, I am here because of him,” adds Prabhakar.