G.D. Goenka Public School is a private enterprise which has emerged to be a successful venture after its very first establishment.
1. The school was started by the Gayatri Devi Goenka Group in 1994. The group runs educational institutions from the pre-school to post-graduate level.
2. First G.D. Goenka Public School was opened in the Vasant Kunj area of New Delhi, India.
3. G.D. Goenka Public School is not limited to one school, it has grown to acquire more than 40 branches spread all over the country from Agra, Amritsar, Indore, Jaipur, Mumbai, Jammu etc.
4. The school is the first to start the “Yellow bus” service which is centrally air-conditioned and has communication facilities as well.
5. It is also the first school in India to have centrally air-conditioned classrooms.
6. All the branches of the school are accredited to the CBSE.
7. The school is a realisation of Mr. Anjani Kumar Goenka’s (chairman of the Goenka group) dream. He has named the school after his mother.
8. The students, here, are trained to operate computer right from the nursery class.
9. Initially the school began with only 23 pupil, but now it caters to more than a few thousand students.
Top Most Characters of Mahabharata
10. The Goenka group is credited to have set up ‘The G.D. Goenka Education City’ which is spread over the area of 60 acres in Sohna, Gurgaon offering both day boarding and full-boarding facilities.
11. Apart from India, the school has a branch in Sharjah, UAE.
12. Among all its branches in India, Vasant Kunj branch is considered the best around.
13. Due to the world class features it offers, it is one of the most expensive schools in the country.
14. The school specialises in secondary education and its primary goal is to provide holistic knowledge.
15. The school takes pride in having introduced the most hi-tech gym with life-fitness equipment which was set up in the year 2000.
16. With the latest education aids like smart learning technology and many others, the school provides an innovative education.
17. All the schools under the ‘G.D. Goenka Public School’ label aim for the perfect mixture of ancient, modern, Indian and International traits.