Bollywood movies have a knack of transporting us to mysterious places. Especially our Hindi film songs as they are often shot at exotic places, giving us serious travel goals. So from among hundreds of songs shot at breathtaking locales, here are our favorite picks. Take a look:
1. ‘Zara Sa Jhoom Loon Main’ from ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’, was filmed at Gstaad, Switzerland.
Remember the part where Kajol got drunk and started annoying Shah Rukh adorably? Well it was shot in a beguiling town in western Switzerland, Gstaad.
2. ‘Satrangi Re’ from ‘Dil Se’ captures the most beautiful landscapes of the mountain desert of Ladakh.
A rather tough terrain for shooting, but no other place could have captured the essence of this song as beautifully as Ladakh. The song features places like the Pangong Lake, the Thiksey Monastery and the Basgo Gompa.
3. ‘Yeh Dil Deewana’ from ‘Pardes’ was shot in Sin City, Las Vagas.
Left alone miles away from home, the song describes the loneliness of Ganga, the lead actress, when she arrives in Las Vegas just before her wedding.
4. ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ from the movie ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ brings out the best of free-spirited Goa.
Goa is seen in all its glory in ‘Dil Chahta Hai’. It completely changed how people viewed the Chapora Fort, now a favorite tourist hangout in Goa.
5. ‘My Dil Goes Mmmm’ from ‘Salaam Namaste’ captured the best in Melbourne.
From the Southgate Pedestrian Bridge to the Webb Bridge in the Docklands, the tune takes you around the city’s enchanting attractions. It’s a “Preity” spot to be in and when you do visit this city, it will genuinely make your dil go mmm.
6. ‘Dil Laga Na Dil Jale Se’ from ‘Dhoom 2’ was shot at exotic locations in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Fun all the way, the song is good for party lovers, with all its grooves and moves. If you’re planning a trip to Brazil, then this place guarantees to be a great get-away loaded with energy!
7. ‘Teri Ore’ from ‘Singh Is Kinng’ shot with the stunning backdrop of the pyramids in Giza, Egypt.
Katrina Kaif’s sari isn’t the only beautiful thing in this song. The pyramids in the backdrop are more stunning.
8. ‘Khuda Jane’ from ‘Bachna Ae Haseeno’ was shot at exotic locations across Italy.
Our favorite romantic song of all times, this one was shot in Puglia, Bari and Alberobello Trulli in Italy.
9. ‘Tu Jaane Na’ from ‘Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani’ popularized Turkey, now a hot tourist destination for Indians.
This song was shot in captivating locations across Turkey. You can spot Denizli, the Aspendos Theatre and the Temple of Apollo in the video.
10. ‘Khwabon Ke Parindey’ from ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ looks dreamlike in Seville, Spain.
Three best freinds on a road trip discovering themselves. This is the song that plays while Hrithik Roshan, Abhay Deol and Farhan Akhtar, along with Kalki Koechlin, are on the road to Seville in Spain.
11. ‘Main Kya Karoon’ from ‘Barfi’ revives the old world charm of Darjeeling.
A stroll close to the clock tower, a ride on the toy train, and a glimpse of the tea gardens, all look too good to ignore.
12. ‘Tumhi Ho Bandhu’ from ‘Cocktail’ takes Cape Town on a ride.
This peppy, upbeat track which was shot across Cape Town is heart thumper.
13. ‘Chaar Kadam’ from ‘PK’ sets romance in Belgium.
‘Chaar Kadam’ featuring Anushka Sharma and Sushant Singh Rajput brings alive the magical spirit of Bruges. Don’t miss this one at any cost.
14. ‘Meherbaan’ from ‘Bang Bang’ was shot in Greece.
Greece looks its best in the song, you just can’t take your eyes off it.
15. ‘Gerua’ from ‘Dilwale’ is all cool in snow-covered Iceland.
One of the golden couples of Bollywood, SRK and Kajol looked simply awesome in this song and the astonishing back drop of Iceland perfectly complimented their romance.