The most awaited film ‘Sanju‘ has finally hit the silver screen to a overwhelming good response and wide appreciation for Ranbir Kapoor’s acting. It released on June 29. Based on the life of Sanjay Dutt, Sanju is class-apart, as any Rajkumar Hirani movie is. Veteran actors like Paresh Rawal and Manisha Koirala also did great justice to their roles in the film.
As the film ‘Sanju’ keeps getting more positive feedback at the box-office, Ranbir Kapoor has once again proved his mettle with his never-seen-before avatar.
Role of sanju by ranbeer kapoor @duttsanjay @sanju_thefilm @hirani.rajkumar #love #tweegram #instagood #bestoftheday #instacool #instago #all_shots #follow #webstagram #colorful #style #swag #allshots #amazing #smile #follow4follow #like4like #instalike #tb#picoftheday #food#instadaily #actor #actress #sexy #sėx #bööbs
Ranbir’s father Rishi Kapoor also wore the promotional cap and tweeted this 90s photograph of Sanjay Dutt’s former colleagues, Ajay Devgn, Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Akshay Kumar, holding a poster which reads, “Sanju, we’re with you”.
Thank you! These people been promoting the film ever since! pic.twitter.com/Ot2iDM9Hk7
— Rishi Kapoor (@chintskap) June 29, 2018
It has left audiences thrilled with its protagonist Ranbir Kapoor‘s transformation and even got good reviews from film critics like Taran Adarsh, who wrote this about film ‘Sanju’:
#OneWordReview… #Sanju: M-A-S-T-E-R-P-I-E-C-E. Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️½ Powerful… Engaging… Emotional… Compelling… Rajkumar Hirani proves, yet again, he’s a master storyteller… This one will be a MONSTROUS HIT. Ranbir Kapoor… One actor… Multiple lives… Numerous awards… Ranbir’s act in #Sanju will win him accolades, admiration and awards… Deserves brownie points for getting into the skin of the character and living the part earnestly… A knockout, 10 on 10 performance! Making a biopic isn’t child’s play, but Hirani and co-writer Abhijat Joshi encompass pertinent episodes from Dutt’s life to weave a spellbinding screenplay… #Sanju is an emotional journey… Goes beyond providing mere entertainment and emerges triumphant. Ensemble cast shine in their respective parts… Paresh Rawal [terrific], Vicky Kaushal [outstanding], Anushka Sharma [good], Jim Sarbh [effective], Dia Mirza [admirable], Manisha Koirala [wonderful] stand out… #Sanju is plot-driven, hence songs are situational and fit beautifully in the narrative.
Even though it’s a typical roller coaster ride of drama and emotions, ‘Sanju’ has seen controversies. The film got leaked online (full HD print) and hashtag #SanjuLeaked started trending!
East. West. North. South… The REMARKABLE RUN continues pan India… #Sanju creates HAVOC on Day 2 [Sat]… Will cross ₹ 100 cr mark today [Sun; Day 3]… This one's a MONEY SPINNER, a LOTTERY… Fri 34.75 cr, Sat 38.60 cr. Total: ₹ 73.35 cr. India biz. The two Rs – Rajkumar Hirani and Ranbir Kapoor – are the biggest beneficiaries from #Sanju… Hirani has consolidated and cemented his status with yet another SMASH HIT… Ranbir needed a Hit, the massive BO numbers to bring him back and yes, he's back with a vengeance.
Not just that, even before release, a police complaint was filed against Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Rajkumar Hirani – against film ‘Sanju‘ using derogatory language against women.
Well, the film has reached the theatres now. A Quora user recently asked “Are there any mistakes in the movie ‘Sanju’? and sharp-eyed users were quick to point out these:
1. The hospital scene where Ranbir Kapoor is lying with injury marks after banging his head against the prison walls – the marks were clearly on the left side of his forehead. But, in the next scene, they shifted to his right side when he’s travelling in bus.
2. The bathroom scene where Sonam Kapoor enquires Ranbir Kapoor about the ‘mangalsutra’ – in beginning, a cigarette is seen in Ranbir’s mouth when Sonam barges in. In the next, when Ranbir decides to garland her with a commode, there’s no sign of the cigarette anywhere!
3. The scene where actor (gangster in ‘Sanju’) Sayaji Shinde starts firing at Ranbir – during this scene, a white ‘lungi’ is seen over his knee. However, as soon as the angle changes, its seen below the knee after that!
4. The scene where Ranbir is coming down from Air India flight – in this scene, ‘Sanju’ is coming down from the flight stairs without any shadow. But as the camera moves towards the plane again, a shadow of some ‘ghost’ passenger is clearly visible behind him!
5. The scene where director Mahesh Manjrekar calls Sanju (Ranbir). In the scene, Mahesh asks Ranbir about his whereabouts, while a red shirt man is seen behind him. In the next scene, another man is seen wearing a brown t-shirt. That’s called quick change!
If you haven’t seen ‘Sanju’ yet, watch its official trailer below: