There are so many true facts in this world which not everyone would love or want to know, because they are either too scary or too weird or due to various other reasons. Here are 20 such facts which not everyone would want to know, but they are there and are all true. Take a look.
1. One out of eight people in this world goes to bed hungry every single night.
2. 98% of the world’s hungry population lives in developing countries.
3. According to government data analysis, the US class of 2014 graduated with an average student loan debt of $33,000.
4. Obesity kills over 30,000 Americans per year.
5. Every five seconds, Nike makes over $3,000.
6. In the same time frame, a Vietnam Nike factory worker makes $0.00014.
7. The scary truth about climate change:
8. In Africa, more elephants are being killed each year than are being born.
9. The bottom of your shoes contains more bacteria than your toilet seat.
10. 82% of California’s fish populations are likely to be driven to extinction as climate change speeds the decline of their already depleted populations.
11. Every unborn baby grows a mustache in the womb, which then spreads to cover the entire body.
The baby then eats this fine hair and excretes it after birth in its first bowel movement.
12. If you leave the seat up while you flush the toilet, you’re sending diarrhea-causing bacteria 10 inches into the air.
13. Odori-don is a Japanese and Korean delicacy. It’s literally live squid or octopus served onto your plate.
This is how one eats it:
14. Nearly half of all animals that arrive in American shelters are euthanized because of a lack of adopters and space.
That equals 80,000 per week.
15. Our earth has lost 97% of wild tigers in just a century.
16. There is a rough calculation that suggests the world only has about 60 years left of usable topsoil.
17. What does it take to make water bottles for the US market?
18. The herpes virus has an internal pressure eight times that of a car tire.
It uses the pressure to literally blast its DNA into human cells.
19. Venom from the Japanese giant hornet can dissolve human flesh.
20. After sex, some men are known to experience instant feelings of sadness and regret.
This is called post-coital tristesse (PCT) and can last anywhere from five minutes to two hours after the act.