The New Horizons spacecraft flew by Pluto on July 14, 2015. It sent back images and data that give a more detailed insight into the last planet of our solar system.
1. According to recent measurements obtained from New Horizons the new diameter of Pluto is 1,473 miles. Little bigger than we thought.
2. NASA scientists have confirmed that they have found nitrogen seeping out of Pluto’s atmosphere.
3. It is also being revealed that Pluto’s so-called polar cap is actually made up of ice.
4. A heart-shaped mark on the surface of Pluto possibly points to the changing geologic processes on the planet.
Top Most Characters of Mahabharata
5. Mountains, cliffs and craters have also been spotted on the dwarf planet.
6. A series of mysterious dark spots has also been found.
7. Pluto has five known moons, and we’re learning more about ’em with every passing day.