‘Door To Hell’ is really one of the most creepiest places on planet that attracts tourists a lot. According to PBS, in 1971, geologists drilling in the area accidentally tapped into a cavern filled with natural gas, and promptly lost their drilling rig, when a large hole opened up beneath them. Engineers decided it would be safer to burn off the escaping gas instead of releasing it into the atmosphere, as methane is a potent greenhouse gas. They assumed the fire would burn off the remaining gas after a few days. It’s still burning. It has been 40 years.
Get your tickets soon as this site is going to be closed, please take a glance towards this burning and fearing look of the DOOR TO HELL.
1. The Astonishing Crater Is 230ft Wide.
2. Cavern Filled With Natural Gas
3. Large Amount Of Methane Shed In Environment Heartburn
4. Fire Still Burning
5. Most Remote Part On Planet
6. Near The Derweze Village
7. Pungent Smell Of Burning Sulfur
8. Soviet Scientists Found The Site In 1971