Many Hindi movies have been shot in the backdrop of colleges. Sometimes, the campus is just used for featuring a song, while others have the college as an integral part of the story. Whatever they do with colleges, if a movie has been shot here, its students start taking extra pride in belonging to that college. So, we figured out you could relive some the excitement you had when a Hindi film was shot in your college.
Here is a list of 13 educational institutes where famous Bollywood movies have been shot:
1. Grant Medical College, Mumbai in ‘Munna Bhai MBBS’
The iconic college where Dr. Munna gave so many people a jadoo ki jhappi.
2. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun in ‘Lakshya’
This is where our hero, Hritik Roshan, goes from being a lazy, lanky and confused guy to becoming a confident, patriotic and responsible soldier of India.
3. St. Paul’s School, Darjeeling in ‘Main Hoon Na’
College life came fully alive in ‘Main Hoon Na’, which was shot at St. Paul’s School in the verdant hills of Darjeeling. Snow covered peaks in the background and a cool boarding life were much fun to watch.
4. Indian Institute Of Management, Bangalore in ‘3 Idiots’
The movie, which raised several social questions about our education system, was shot at the campus of Indian Institute of Management in Bangalore.
5. New Era High School, Panchgani in ‘Taare Zameen Par’
The New Era High School in Panchgani was Ishaan Nandkishore Awasthi’s boarding school in the film. This is the place he meets his inspirational trainer, Ram Shankar Nikumbh. And who can fail to remember the tear jerking tune ‘Meri Ma’?
6. St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai in ‘Jaane Tu Ya Jane Na’ and ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’
St Xavier College has often times been featured in movies and serials. The most famous movies shot here are ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ and ‘Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na’.
7. Delhi University featured more than once in Bollywood movies
Delhi University has hosted many Bollywood movies! Among them, the most popular movies include ‘Rockstar’, ‘Rang De Basanti’, ‘Band Baaja Baraat’ and ‘Fukrey’.
8. Symbiosis Institute, Pune too has hosted many Bollywood movies
The love story of Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor in ‘Bodyguard’ bloomed on the campus of Symbiosis Institute. The shooting was completed in 40 days. It also featured in movies like ‘Mujhse Fraanship Karoge’.
9. Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Delhi in ‘Raanjhana’
Zoya and Jasjeet’s love grew in the surroundings of the Indian Institute of Mass Communication.
10. Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad in ‘2 States’
All of the college scenes from the film have been shot at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. From the hostel rooms to the canteen and the corridors of IIM, this film had it all!
11. Forest Research Institute, Dehradun too has a large fan following in Bollywood
Films shot here include ‘Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein’, ‘Paan Singh Tomar’, and ‘Student Of The Year’.
12. Lucknow University featured in ‘Ishaqzaade’
College scenes in the passionate love story of two rebellious lovers were filmed at the Lucknow University.
13. Ramjas College, Delhi University in ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’
The first time Manoj Sharma meets the sporty Kusum, it was at the Ramjas College, Delhi University.