Dangal is one of the most awaited movies and the perfectionist Amir Khan’s PR team is creating a lot of buzz about it. Since the start, the movie team is dropping hints one after the other whether it’s about Amir Khan’s look in the movie or the little Chachi 420 girl making a début in the movie. Every little piece of information about the movie is going viral over the internet.
Well, this shows how hight the curiosity level of Amir’s fans is getting. Just as an add-on, we bring you some interesting facts about ”Dangal’. No, there are no spoilers but the facts will definitely leave you restless for the movie.
1. Daily soap’s Sakshi Tanwar will be seen playing Amir’s wife, Daya Kaur, in the film.
2. To play the character of Mahavir Singh Phogat, Amir Khan gained 30 kgs. He weighed 96 kgs when he was shooting for the movie. He faced numerous health issues due to the sudden weight gain.
3. Mallika Sherawat also auditioned for the role of Amir’s wife. But, it was Sakshi Tanwar’s acting that won everyone’s heart.
4. Amir loved working with Rajkumar Rao so much in the movie Talaash” that he happily took him in Dangal as well.
5. Amir Khan’s role in the movie is quite challenging as he will be seen playing a 20 year-old in some parts of the movie and a 60 year-old in others.
6. Ayushman Khurana’s brother, Aparshakti Khurana will also be making his début in this film.
7. Amir Khan will lose all the weight he gained for the movie in just four months.
8. Amir’s nephew, Pablo, who is Mansoor Khan’s son, will be making his début as an assistant director in this film.
9. The little girl Bharti from the movie Chachi 420 will be playing Geeta Phogat’s role in the film.
10. Dangal is the biography of real life wrestler, Mahavir Singh Phogat, who taught wrestling to his daughters Geeta & Babita. They bagged the Gold and Silver medals respectively in the 2010 Common wealth games.
11. It was earlier rumoured that the movie will be releasing on 12 August, 2016 but the movie will hit the screens on Christmas this year.