Mobile Phone Explodes While Charging In Chhattisgarh, Kills 12-Year-Old Boy Playing Video Games

12:16 pm 12 Apr, 2018

Advertisement

In a frightful incident, a mobile blast claimed the life of a 12-year-old boy. The incident took place in Chhattisgarh’s Koriya district. The victim is identified as Ravi Sonwan who was playing video games on his phone while it was on charge.

The intensity of the explosion was such that Sonwan’s intestines spilled out. Alongside, another of his friend was also injured.

According to media reports, his family members tied a cloth around his stomach before rushing him to the hospital along with his friend. Initially, they were taken to the local community center and eventually to Ambikapur hospital where he went through several surgeries but passed away after few hours. His friend is expected to recover.

 


Advertisement

 



The family faced issues in taking the injured to the hospital as the ambulances were on indefinite strike with the demand of salary hike. Finally, the family was forced to take a taxi.

This is, however, not an isolated incident caused by mobile use during charging. A girl named Uma Oram from Odisha suffered multiple hand injuries and later passed away. Another man was pronounced dead in Rajasthan soon after the explosion.

 

 

What causes the explosion? During charging, a certain pressure is created on the motherboard, using mobile at that time increases the intensity. It causes the cheap electronic components of some low-cost mobiles to explode.


Advertisement

Stay safe and think twice before using your mobile while it’s in use.