For every aspiring actor, director, dancer or writer, Mumbai is the ultimate destination, a place where their dreams can come true. Hundreds of struggling artists come to Mumbai, but only a handful of them make it big. Bollywood stars are no different from “strugglers”, just that their fate and hard work has been kind to them. And above that, they are humans with same emotions, insecurities, and flaws. And that’s what American photographer Mark Bennington captured in his book, ‘Living the Dream: Life of the ‘Bollywood’ Actor’
Earlier, Mark photographed for brands and corporates, and some time back, his friend advised him to go to Bandra and interview actors. Well, the rest is history. Till now, he has photographed and interviewed more than 112 Bollywood stars. Here are some of his finest snapshots:
1. Deepika with her million-dollar smile:
2. Ranveer, being composed. That’s quite surprising.
3. His eyes are always engrossing.
4. Alia being Alia.
5. Genius (Rajkummar Rao) at work.
6. Nargis Fakhri, feeling her rockstardom.
7. Vijay Raaz liberating his raaz.
8. A struggling actor enacting a scene from ‘Sholay’. Not a bad start, bro.
9. Don’t judge his laughter, because he is the judge. Welcome, Saurabh Shukla.
10. Swara Bhaskar, living her dream in Mumbai.
11. Two legends working at the Prithvi theater.
12. Kya baaat!
13. The girl who made a ‘Dabaang’ entry in Bollywood.
14. Chitrangada Singh on finding her zindagi in Mumbai.
15. Kareena Kapoor, the girl with a golden surname.
Everybody is a star in Mumbai.